OHSAS: 18001 Health And Safety Management
The Company ensures that employees are aware of their responsibilities and that they must act responsibly and do everything they can to prevent injury to themselves and others who may be affected by their actions. A copy of the policy is provided to all employees during induction training and copies are also made available for reference at the company notice boards.
To ensure monitoring and continual improvement in our safety performance we will set objectives that will be measured against and reported upon.
The Company aims to meet all relevant health & safety legislation. The policy and management systems will be kept up to date as new legislation come in to force; regular reviews will be held and system amended as required. The following statement recognises our obligations under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, including other relevant Health & Safety regulations and approved codes of practice additional to the Act.
Aztec will, so far as is reasonably practicable, conduct its activities in order to: –
- Identify hazards and provide adequate control of and try to minimise the health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- Consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
- Provide and maintain a safe environment and equipment with adequate facilities and arrangements for welfare at work
- Provide information, instruction and supervision for employees
- Ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training
- Prevent incidents (including accidents) and cases of work-related ill health
- Maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- Review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals
The company recognises that this safety policy cannot be successful without the active participation of all staff and must be observed by all staff at all times. Neglect of health and safety requirements will be regarded as serious disciplinary matter.